Henry Ward Beecher said, “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have travelled from the point where they started.” Our guest will give us the privilege of walking through parts of his journey. One which will be inspirational, insightful and practical – as you would expect from a grandmaster or Sifu.
Al Dacoscos founded the unique fighting art, Wun Hop Kuen Do, a style of Kajukenbo that incorporates Chinese and Filipino martial arts, in 1969. He has become one of the most noted martial artists of our era. A 9th degree black belt, he has won over 200 Championships and appeared on just as many martial arts magazine covers over the years. In 1977 he was inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame as Instructor of the Year and again in 1992 by Inside Kung Fu Magazine – two of the worlds most prestigious martial arts magazines. Dacascos was the first practitioner of Kung Fu to compete in the American martial arts tournament circuit. As a visionary, he has manifested the dream of creating a network of schools and five generations of black belts to reflect his style.
Today’s Guest Shares:
- How did you and Bruce Lee meet?
- Following Bruce Lee’s death, his wife, Linda offered to give you all his clothes. Why didn’t you take it?
- Your son, Mark Dacoscos of Iron Chef fame and movies like Only The Strong and of course Wo Fat in Hawaii Five-O spoke in your book, The Dacoscos Dynasty, he believes “it will leave you with a purging serenity on a spiritual level that you have not attained at any point in your life…” Why is that so?
- What caused you to point a gun at your head and fire?
- What book did you see during your time of greatest desperation?
- Where were you when your relationship with your son, Mark, begin to heal?
Mark 12:30 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.”