What would Hawaii look like in ten years, if every child on every island heard the Gospel by the age of twelve? This is the question that drives our guest these days.
Matt and his wife Stacey moved to Oahu in May of 2012 to be missionaries with Child Evangelism Fellowship of Hawaii (CEF). CEF is committed to sharing the Gospel with children all across the state. Before joining CEF of Hawaii, Matt was a youth minister in North Carolina for more than 15 years. In 2010, Matt felt God leading Him into a new type of ministry. After much prayer and an amazing God led journey, Matt and Stacey sold everything they had, drove across the mainland, flew to Honolulu and began their ministry on May 31st, 2012. Matt and Stacey have begun the process of planting deep roots here in Hawaii. They are looking forward to a long and fruitful ministry with CEF of Hawaii. Last summer, they became members of First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu and have enjoyed developing relationships with their new family there.
– What was your dream as a child?
– Why did you transition from your studies at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University?
– How did God reveal the importance of “total surrender” in your relationship with Him?
– Which yard sale is the most difficult to conduct? Why?
– When did you realize God was leading you and Stacey to serve in Hawaii?
– Describe your plan for evangelism of children in Hawaii?
– When is it that most people receive Christ?
– What are some questions children ask about God and how do you answer them?
Romans 10:14-15 “How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?”