About Cindy Dorflinger:
1) Where you grew up… Colorado Springs, Colorado & attended college in Fort Collins, Colorado
2) Your family background…traditional family of 6. Mom and Dad still live in Colorado Springs along with my sister and one brother. My other brother lives outside of Boulder, Colorado. My mom is a practicing Catholic along with my 3 siblings. My father is not yet saved.
3) Your conversion to Christ…I was raised in the Catholic Church. When I was 11, during the 40 days of Lent, I was incredibly devoted to daily prayer – reflecting deeply on the passion of Christ. While I never responded to an “altar call” (which didn’t exist in the Catholic Church at the time), I know that Jesus was my personal savior that Easter.
4) What you are most passionate about… 1. Praying for my family and those God puts on my heart. 2. The ministry of Operation Christmas Child which introduces the Gospel to millions of children around the world each year. Over 11 million children have accepted Jesus as their Savior since 2010 due to The Greatest Journey – the 12 lesson discipleship program which accompanies each shoebox. 3. The power of prayer.
5) Professional experience or career…hotel management on cruise ships and on Kauai (seems like a lifetime ago). Then wife, mother, and “professional volunteer” (boys’ schools & church). I have not been employed since our first son was born in 1995.
6) How Christ has helped you overcome challenges… Christ continues to reveals Himself through His Word, prayer and bible study. Scripture gives me God’s perspective; reminds me of His faithfulness, mercy, grace, and love. A Moms in Prayer group focuses on an attribute of God each week. Studying God’s character builds my faith in Him. Reflecting on and praying over scripture also refines me. I am His work in progress. I desire to be His humble servant – considering others more important than myself. I know that I am a better wife, mother, friend, and volunteer because I seek to submit to God’s will for my life. However, my flesh can certainly be the challenge!