Dr. Stephen Mansfield is a New York Times bestselling author and popular speaker best known for his groundbreaking books on religion, history, and contemporary culture. He writes for several leading news organizations, appears regularly on television discussion programs and is an outspoken advocate for a number of social causes. He is known for blending humor, history and a hopeful approach to the challenges of the moment into speeches that entertain and inspire. Mansfield lives in Nashville and Washington DC with his beloved wife, Beverly, who is an award-winning songwriter and producer.
Stephen Mansfield left the pastorate after twenty fruitful years to write and lecture. Not long after, he wrote The Faith of George W. Bush, which spent many weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and won numerous national awards. The book was also a source for Oliver Stone’s acclaimed film, W, which chronicled Bush’s rise to the presidency. This international bestseller led to a string of influential books over the following decade. In recent years, Stephen’s popularity as a speaker has nearly eclipsed his reputation as a bestselling author. Stephen continues to write books about faith and culture.
Mansfield’s book The Faith of Barack Obama was another international bestseller and captured broad media attention in the U.S. during the presidential race of 2008. Disturbed by crumbling moral values in portions of American corporate culture, Dr. Mansfield wrote The Search for God and Guinness, which instantly placed him in demand for corporate gatherings around the world. His book, Killing Jesus, is typical of his approach to faith and history. It is a gritty portrayal of the trial and crucifixion of Jesus, which has received praise for being thoroughly researched and movingly written.
– What difference has Christ made in your life?
– Who are your heroes?
– You spent a day with legendary UCLA coach John Wooden. What do you remember most?
– What quality of Winston Churchill has impacted you most?
– How did your years as a pastor prepare you for your present work?
– What are some signs of a leadership crash?
How God Uses Our Pain to Bring Hope
– What has been the best experience of your life?
– What has been the worst experience of your life?
– How did God use it to fulfill his plan for your life?
– Of your wife, Beverly, you say that her love heals you? In what way?
– What would you say to someone who is hurting today, right now?
1 Peter 1:3 “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…”