Rebecca Alonzo never felt safe as a child. Although she lived next door to the church her father pastored, the devil lived across the street. This tormented man terrorized her family with rifle shots and ten bombings. When these violent acts didn’t scare them away, he went even further.
During dinner one evening, seven-year-old Becky and her younger brother watched as their parents were gunned down. Today Rebecca speaks about betrayal and the power of forgiveness. Her story has been featured on The Dr. Phil Show, The 700 Club, Lifestyle Magazine, and CNN.com. She is the author the book, The Devil in Pew Number 7. She is a graduate of Missouri State University and has been involved in ministry, including a church plant, youth outreach, and missions, for thirteen years. She and her husband, along with their two children, live in Franklin, Tennessee.
In This Episode:
- Who was the Devil in pew #7?
- What was it like as a child living through drive by shootings and dynamite explosions?
- When you were seven years old what happened that changed your life?
- Who taught you the lessons of forgiveness?
- How does forgiveness relate with healing?
- Why do people have to keep forgiving even after they think they’ve forgiven enough?
- Where were you when you met face to face with your mother’s murderer?
Romans 12:14 “Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.”