She grew up in a Christian home and was raised in the church. As her father was the pastor of that church, she had a first hand vantage point of the good and the bad found there. She saw true faith and she, unfortunately, experienced true hypocrisy. Broken at an early age, she quickly discovered that security is not found in man…it is found only in God. She learned that when people let you down, God is still there to pick you up.
Julie Daubenspeck graduated from Valdosta State University with a degree in Early Childhood Education. She taught in Georgia, California and Hawaii. She desires to bring good from the hardships she experienced – teaching others the lessons God has taught her, that they too may find wholeness. She is her completing her Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy Julie is married to Vince and is a mother, teacher, and woman who has experienced the immense grace of God. She is a Humpty Dumpty, like so many others, who has miraculously been put back together by the King.
Vince Daubenspeck graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Marketing before joinong the Air Force as an aviator. He added a Masters in Finance before retiring and becoming a Realtor. He enjoys writing children’s stories along with his book Crown of Thorns: The Epic Journey from Golgotha to France.
Vince and Julie have co-authored: May I See The King?, Humpty Dumpty: The Road to the Wall, Humpty Dumpty: The Marvelous Journey (each illustrated by Mark D. Pendergrass), Broken Treasures: A Survivor’s Journey to Tragedy and Wholeness and Broken Treasures: Companion Manual for Wounded Souls.
In This Episode:
- How did you face sexual abuse as a child?
- How did hypocrisy affect your view of church and leaders in the ministry?
- What adivce would you give a spouse of someone who has been sexually abused as a child?
- What is the vision of Cracked Egg Ministries?
- When did the Lord speak to you writing books and speaking?
- How does your ministry relate with men, women and children?
- What hinders people from experiencing God’s healing?
- Why is it possible for someone who has a painful past to have a brighter future?
Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”