Dr. Neil Clark Warren says of the book How To Pick A Spouse by Dan Chun, “If you apply the principles in this book, you will be able to master the various stages in choosing a spouse in such a way that the likelihood of divorce will simply have a zero probability.” He goes on, “Take your time reading How To Pick Your Spouse, answer all the questions that ate posed to you, make sure you get very clearly in mind what Dan Chun is saying to you, and I guarantee that you will find it both exciting and practically helpful…what is the nature of my guarantee? If you read this book and follow it’s teachings, and your marriage does not succeed, I will give you a free membership to eHarmony.com.
Dan Chun is the senior pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu (fpchawaii.org). In 1983 he founded Hawaiian Islands Ministries (himonline.org) with his wife, Pam. With Honolulu spring gatherings of 4,000 adults and teenagers, the Chuns have trained more than 50,000 church leaders. A former journalist, Dan was a TV newscaster with a CBS affiliate in Honolulu. He has spoken all over the United States and countries such as England, Thailand, China, Singapore and the Philippines. Dan received his M.A. from the Universityy of Southern California in Cinema Production and a M.Div and D.Min from Fuller Theological Seminary where he is also a trustee. He is a rabid fan of Compassion International and The Alpha Course. You can follow Dan’s blog atdanchun.com He and his wife have three children and two wonderful dogs, Max and Holly.
– Why did you write this book?
– What is Soul Tearing?
– Does the Bible talk about dating?
– What are the three M’s?
– Why is the Disease of Divorce?
– What is the Wierd Zone?
– Why is it important to give friends permission ahead of time?
– What do you do in your three sessions of premarital counseling?
– Sex makes you think prematurely that he/she is the one. Why?
– What does the hormone oxytocin produce?
– Why is divorce so painful?
– What influence foes Hollywood have on our sexual views today?
– How much is a virgin worth? What about someone who is not?
– What does an equilateral triangle have to doe with marriage and sex?
Proverbs 16:2 “All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the LORD.”