Epicurus said, “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” Our guests today have survived the pain of marriage – on the brink of divorce – including a long period of separation. They explain what caused it to happen and how Jesus Christ brought healing, restoration and strength to their relationship.
Arsena and Casey Kailihiwa are residents of Kaneohe and are proud parents of a 3 old daughter named Harmoni. Arsena is an Energy Specialist at Energy Industries who graduated from the University of Hawaii with her BBA in Marketing. Casey is a police officer who also graduated from the University of Hawaii with his BA in both Psychology and Sociology. They attend New Hope Windward. They give credit to the Lord for restoring a marriage. After deciding to put Christ first in each of their lives, they witnessed firsthand how Christ was able to mend an 8 year marriage after being separated and are excited for the future that God has in store for them.
– What caused you to lose all feeling of romance for your spouse?
– How have you experienced God restoring your relationship in ways you never imagined possible?
– When you were at you lowest moments how did God speak to you? Minister to you?
– Why it possible for people who are separated to come back together?
– What difference has Christ made in your life?
– What faith lessons have you learned about being a follower of Christ?
– Why does obedience matter in our every day lives?
Psalm 103:12 “… far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”