Have you ever seen someone in need and walked away without helping? Did it stir something up in your conscience? Did you feel convicted? Roger Huang knows what that is like. He’s here to tell us what happened to him, the decision he made, and how God has caused one occurrence to grow into a ministry that is impacting one of America’s greatest city’s.
Pastor Roger Huang was born in Taiwan, Taipei, raised by buddhist parents and at age 15 immigrated to San Francisco with his family. He is the Founder and Executive Development Director of San Francisco City Impact. He formerly worked as an auditor for Parc 55 and Marriott Hotel starting what is now known as San Francisco City Impact. He is married to Maite. They have 4 children, 4 in laws and 16 grandchildren.
- Where did you grow up?
- Who influenced you most in your growing up years?
- How did you become a Christian?
- How did San Francisco City Impact start?
- How did you meet your wife, Maite?
- What would you say to someone who is facing a difficult time right now?
Psalm 82:3 says, “Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.”